POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Creating blurred image via textures...? : Creating blurred image via textures...? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:10 EDT (-0400)
  Creating blurred image via textures...?
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 17 Jun 2003 11:30:03
Message: <3eef33fb$1@news.povray.org>
Lets say I have a picture. Via patterns, averaging
pigments, layered textures etc I'd like to blur the
image_map. How would I do that? I've first though
about translating the image_map off to the right,
and then rotate that translation, i.e. translating the
image to the right, then down, then left, then up.
The more samples I take, the more I average together.
This obviously doesn't truly blur the image and is
very visible as a circular effect... Any ideas?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde